Tree Pruning Wichita
Get 25% ANY Tree Service. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Call TODAY for a FREE Tree Care Quote.
Tree Care in Sedgwick County
FOR 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE. CALL US IMMEDIATELY.
Certified Wichita Tree Service Experts
Real Reviews From Real Customers
Reliable and fast on time
Complete Property’s crew made my family happy. The service was prompt and the job was completed faster than I imagined.
Lance C. – Wichita, KS
Excellent and professional people. They were a pleasure to have around. Regina was always keeping me updated as to their progress.
Hollie B. – Wichita, KS
They had the tree removed the same day the tree fell. They did such a good job, we hired them to remove other dead trees.
Erin S. – Wichita, KS
Tree Service Wichita specializes in tree service of all types of trees. Call Us Today 316-799-3555.
Safest Tree Removal Methods
Expert Tree Service
Tree Care Wichita Tree Service
Keeping trees healthy takes more than just medications – regular tree pruning is often necessary. Pruning a tree eliminates branches with health problems, keeping the disease from spreading to other parts. Also, tree pruning helps open tree crowns, allowing all the branches to access enough sunlight – this ensures that the tree is making enough food through photosynthesis, which helps boost its health.
For years now, we have been handling tree pruning for Wichita property owners. In addition to improving the health of the trees, we also improve the tree shape and get rid of dead branches to improve the overall aesthetic appeal. We also remove branches that are threatening to fall to improve the safety around different trees.
Tree Pruning is a Job for Professionals
Tree pruning theory suggests that the service is extremely simple – just cut off a couple of branches and you should be done with the service. In reality, however, tree pruning is extremely complicated:
- Going up a tree to handle tree pruning places you at the risk of falling. If you fall, you may end up with significant injuries. In extreme cases, you may lose your life or end up in a wheelchair.
- When pruning a tree next to your house or utility lines means that you have to avoid causing damage. If you let the branches slip and fall without controlling the falling direction, you may end up with damaged houses and wrecked powerlines.
- Tree pruning is an art and a science – you need to know how to give the tree a nice shape that complements the surroundings and how to do so without harming the tree. If you make a mistake when pruning a tree, you could destroy it, forcing you to spend money on its removal and replacement.
Working with professionals guarantees safety for yourself, your tree, your houses, and utility lines. Professionals will lower the branches they cut with ropes, directing them to avoid property damage. With years of experience, professionals will always know how to prune a tree without affecting its health negatively. Since you won’t be anywhere near the tree during tree pruning, you won’t suffer injuries.
Working with professionals means paying for the service. But, the amount you pay for tree pruning is a fraction of the amount you would spend on home repairs and hospital bills if you made mistakes while handling pruning yourself.
Tree Pruning Tips
While we do not recommend DIY tree pruning, it is sometimes a viable option, especially in situations where the tree is small and non-risky. DIY tree pruning can help you save some money. Keeping the tips outlined below in mind should help you avoid damaging the tree:
- Branches with a diameter of less than 5 cm can be removed. However, those with a diameter of between 5 and 10 cm require careful consideration before removal – these branches should only be removed to save the tree from a health problem or to increase safety.
- Remove branches forming a V-shaped angle with the trunk while allowing those forming a U-shaped angle to stay.
- When removing a branch, avoid cutting too close to the tree trunk – this will help you avoid injuring the trunk. Look for the branch collar and ridge, then cut in between the two parts.
- Wait for the dormant stage before conducting tree pruning – this should give you a better view of the branches you need to remove.
- Sanitize your tools before moving from one tree to the other. Using rubbing alcohol with a 70% alcohol concentration will help you avoid spreading diseases from one tree to the other.
Preventative Tree Pruning
When trees are posing a risk, preventative tree pruning helps improve the safety of your surroundings. The method of pruning a tree helps:
- Clear pathways and roads by raising the tree crown to minimize the possibility of accidents
- Remove branches that might fall to eliminate the possibility of damage or injury
- The method of pruning a tree also helps increase the tree’s life span by improving its health